|The Hon MaryAnne Mihychuk PC, MP is currently seeking a Communications and Scheduling Assistant.
The Communications and Scheduling Assistant reports to the Member’s Senior Communications Advisor and works closely with other members of the MP’s team in her Winnipeg Constituency Office.
The Communications and Scheduling Assistant works in the development of both long and short-term activities to raise the profile of the Member. The primary responsibility of the position is to implement communication strategies and logistics to support projects, events, publications and media relations.
This position is responsible for executing tactics for the promotion of Ms Mihychuk’s initiatives through a variety of communication channels including print, digital, media relations and social networks.
Strong organizational writing, technical, communication and project management skills are required. Remaining at the forefront of current digital publishing technologies and awareness of the latest trends and tools is paramount.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Effectively schedule and communicate projects on time, on budget and aligned with Ms Mihychuk’s strategic communication goals.
- Effective multi-tasking skills are used to juggle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Results oriented. Take initiative to identify areas for improvement and potential solutions.
- Develop high-quality, communication materials with timely, relevant, accurate and creative content.
- Utilize various communication tools comfortably and effectively. Target content appropriately to the many different audiences – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in written formats.
- Proactively develop and maintain excellent relationships with team members, staff, suppliers, volunteers and other target audiences as required.
- In consultation with the Member and her Senior Communications Advisor, develop and implement an effective and focused communications plan and organize a variety of initiatives to consistently promote and raise the profile of the MP. Ultimately, the plan reflects government-wide key messages and brand for local consumption.
- A related post-secondary degree and experience in the communications, public relations and/or journalism fields with an emphasis on creating, writing and editing internal/external communications. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to write, edit and proofread at an advanced level in the English language with impeccable accuracy in grammar, spelling and content verification.
- Expertise in creating compelling communication pieces for a wide variety of audiences using multiple communication vehicles. Excellent research and interview skills
- Proficiency in writing full stories, converting written articles/media releases into various formats as well as expertise in copywriting for 10%ers and householders
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to handle diverse communications assignments with tact, courtesy and discretion
- Basic videography skills and ability to use digital SLR camera and multimedia communications (photographs, podcasts, social networking technologies)
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver) and web content management systems (CMS).
- Knowledge of federal jurisdictional issues is an asset
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment and decision making
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff at all levels on the organization and scheduling of events, and with design, communications and printing services as required
- Proven ability to work to deadlines while managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with constantly shifting priorities
- Strong attention to detail
· Salary is commensurate with experience.